Case Study 3: Lessons Learned
WHAT ARE THE LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE DECKERS EXAMPLE?
- In an industry where imitation is rampant, companies should consider using broad–based enforcement strategies that include :
- asserting different form of IP rights, whether independently or in a layered, complementary manner, to achieve the desired objectives.
- In tandem with aggressive enforcement strategies, other long-term strategies could be considered including:
- educating customers about how to detect and avoid counterfeit goods, and;
- seeking strategic alliances with local companies in jurisdictions where you are at greatest risk of counterfeit or knockoff products entering the market.
Last modified: Saturday, 9 September 2017, 3:37 PM